Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hi Everyone!

So I just read something from a new author who expressed some concerns about publishing her first book. It seems that she, like so many of us, is worried about what others might say about her work after reading it. Negative reviews are never fun but unfortunately they do come with the territory. I've learned to look beneath the often harsh words and try to find out what the reader really didn't like about my book. Then, I decide if I need to do something about it or just let it go. Sometimes those negative reviews are actually helpful, if you can read between the lines and sometimes...well... people are really just that mean! Take it from me, you will learn to develop a thicker skin as you go along. For now, try to enjoy the great accomplishment of putting your story to print. Just my thoughts...

1 comment: